I just got back from a ride to Hyder, Alaska via central Washington and British Columbia. I’ll post a detailed ride report, but I’ll summarize here.
1. I’ve never met a Canadian I didn’t like, and this trip proved them to be very friendly people.
2. I didn’t see a single piece of litter or graffiti in B.C. anywhere.
3. I saw three different bears, one of which was brick red — the rare Cinnamon Bear! — but saw no moose.
4. My Garmin Zumo 220 GPS randomly resets itself; I’m unsure why.
5. The dual towns of Stewart, BC and Hyder, AK provide amazing scenery and are very much worth the trip.
6. I’m tired; that was a long trip.